Fattet Hummus Recipe
2 pitas, cut into bite sized pieces
2.2 lbs lamb
2 cups yogurt
4 tbsp tahini
2 lemons, juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 Green chili pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups chickpeas
1. Deep fry the pitas until golden brown. Place in a paper towel lined bowl and sprinkle with sumac. Set aside.
2. In a pan over medium heat, cook the lamb in olive oil. Season with salt, baharat, and black pepper.
3. Once the lamb has started to brown, add 2 cups of water to the pan, cover, and simmer.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
5. Assemble the fattet in a large dish by layering the pitas, chickpeas, lamb, yogurt, tomatoes, peppers, and then parsley. Garnish with sumac and a mint leaf.