Shish Barak Recipe Vegetarian
0.55 lbs + 2 tbsp flour
¼ cup + 6 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cups arugula, chopped
Pinch of dried chili
2 large sprigs of mint
34 oz yogurt
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 0.55lbs of flour, ¼ cup olive oil, a pinch of salt, and 5oz water. Mix together in the bowl until a dough forms. Then, begin to knead on a floured surface.
2. Once the dough is smooth, roll it out and then cut out small circles with a cup or cookie cutter.
3. In a pan over medium heat, warm up 6 tbsp olive oil and saute the chopped onion and arugula. Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Set aside in a bowl once cooked.
4. In a saucepan, combine 34oz yogurt, 2 tbsp flour, salt, garlic, and mint. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 440F.
6. Pick up a circle of dough, fill the center with the spinach and onion mixture, fold and pinch the edges of the dough semicircle closed. Then, bring both sides together and pinch them creating a tortellini-like shape.
7. Lay each dumpling in a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Place them into the saucepan with the yogurt and mix.
9. Serve and garnish with olive oil.