Walnut Baklava - Vegetarian
1 package of filo dough
1 lb walnuts
1 cup white sugar
1 cup jam
1 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Defrost filo dough in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 360F.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, butter, jam, and cinnamon. Mix and chop in a food processor.
4. Take the filo dough, and fold one corner diagonally to meet the opposite edge, and cut off the excess dough, forming a perfect square.
5. Open up the folded square, turn it so it looks like a diamond shape, and slice the dough directly down the middle (from one corner to another), forming 2 triangles.
6. Brush the dough with melted butter.
7. Pleat the dough (pinch every inch) from the top corner, to the center of the longest edge.
8. Fold one flat side over the other. There should be a loop at the top, and one point facing you.
9. Stuff the flat portion of the dough with the filling, and roll from the point to the loop until the filling is covered and rolled up securely.
10. Place the finished rolls into the freezer for 10 minutes.
11. Bake for 20 minutes.
12. Drizzle with honey and serve.