Olive Sesame Balls Vegetarian
1 lb flour
1 cup semolina
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
⅓ cup olive oil
34 oz yogurt
1 lb sesame seeds
1 can pitted olives
1. On a clean flat surface, pour the flour down and create a well for the rest of the ingredients. Add in semolina, baking powder, salt, 1 egg, olive oil, and yogurt. Knead the dough until it is smooth and not sticky.
2. Flour the surface again and roll out the dough.
3. Cut the dough into 1 ½ in long circles.
4. Prepare a bowl with sesame seeds, a bowl with 2 beaten eggs, and a bowl with pitted olives.
5. Wrap one olive entirely with a dough circle, dip into the egg wash, and roll in the sesame seeds. Complete this until all the dough is used and place them on a non-stick liner.
6. Once the balls are made, deep fry them. They should be light brown and crispy when they are ready.