Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
7 tbsp butter
2.2 lbs chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups champignon mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1 tbsp Nutmeg
2 sprigs thyme
1 cup milk
2 cups half & half
1 sheet puff pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 380F.
2. In a pan over medium-high heat, melt 3.5 tbsp butter and cook 2.2 lbs diced chicken until the chicken is tender and brown.
3. Place the chicken aside, in a bowl, and return the pan to the stove.
4. Melt 3.5 tbsp butter and drizzle some olive oil into the pan. Begin to saute the chopped onion and garlic. Once aromatic, add the mushrooms, chicken, salt, pepper, nutmeg and thyme.
5. Stir well. Then, pour in 1 cup milk and 2 cups cream. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
6. Once ready, remove from heat and allow to cool. Then, transfer to an oven safe bowl.
7. Take the puff pastry sheet and place it over the bowl. Press down the edges with your fingertips, flour your finger if necessary. Cut the excess dough from the corners of the sheet.
8. Optional: use the remaining dough to create cutouts and decorate the top of the pie. Use the egg wash to stick them to the dough.
9. Brush the entire dough lid with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.