Filo Dough Sugar Bow Ties Vegetarian
1 package of filo dough
1. Defrost the filo dough in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F.
3. Lay 2 large squares of dough down on a floured surface.
4. In one bowl make an egg wash, and in another bowl add white sugar. .
5. Brush one square with egg wash and sprinkle with a thin, even layer of sugar.
6. Fold the squares together so the egg and sugar are between the two layers of dough, and then press down firmly.
7. Be sure the surface remains floured while you continue working.
8. Cut the dough in half and brush one side with egg wash then sprinkle with sugar.
9. Fold the dough over again to cover the egg and sugar. Press down firmly.
10. Cut the dough in half again, lengthwise.
11. Press the layers down one more time, then begin cutting 2 inch strips of dough.
12. Pinch both sides of the strip and twist one side creating a bowtie shape.
13. Bake for 20 minutes.